Saturday, April 25, 2015

I'm grateful

For the last two years, one of my dearest friends and I have been sending each other daily emails containing three things for which we are grateful that day.  It started out as a reminder of how good our lives are (even when things aren't going well.)  It has become such a habit that neither of us feels quite right if we forget to "do our gratefuls."  

Here are some of the things (besides health, family, friends, etc.,) I was grateful for this past week.

1.  These girls:

First spaghetti with red sauce. 
 
A cow says, "Moooo!"

2.  These men and their tractors, trades and skills.

This is a photo from back in March, but this week Christian used his tractor to bush-hog all the pastures and fields. 
The excavators.

3.  These flowers and trees. 




4.  These birds.





5.  These views. 
Soon, the way home. 
View of Christian's and Erika's house from Glenn's and my lane.
Walking path that Erika mowed between her and Christian's house and Glenn's and my lane.
Rappahannock river flooding not very far below the train trestle.  We got a lot of rain last week and again today.

The grass and the cows have returned to the field across the road
5.  These skies.  I will never get tired of the skies.
A form of alpenglow, I believe, over Frank's and Sharlene's house.
The same sky, but looking to the west.
The same sky, a few minutes later. 



I have much to be grateful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment