Thursday, March 20, 2014

MooThru Cows

Remember the lovely cow from the St. Patrick's Day post a few days ago? She belongs to a dairy owned by the Smith Family of Remington, Va. They own MooThru, a drive up/through store that sells milk, ice cream, sandwiches and soups. You can see their website here: http://moothru.com.

Part of their herd of young cows is grazing in the pasture across the road from Erika's and Christian's house. They provide quite a lovely view in the morning and again in the afternoon.

Last Saturday afternoon I noticed that most of them were lying down and I crossed the road to check them out up close. (Please ignore the spot in the upper right corner of the photos. I had a spot on my camera lens that I didn't notice until after I had taken the photos.)



At first, no one moved.



But then, one girl heaved herself to her feet and ambled over to check me out.


A moment later, another girl lumbered to her feet and followed the first.


Then another, and...



A few more,


and still a few more after that.


In no time, almost the entire herd was standing around staring at me (whilst pooping and peeing!)



I felt kind of bad that they had made the effort to come over to see me and I had nothing with which to reward them.


So I thanked them, in advance, for all the delicious milk they will be providing in the future, and headed back to our side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment